·How do we book you?
I will send out a booking form and questionnaire which you need to fill in and sign, then we take 25% as a booking fee to confirm the date. The remaining 75% is due two weeks before the day.
·How many weddings have you done?
I’ve shot over 600 weddings and have encountered just about everything possible so have great experience. There are many photographers who are using weddings to practice their photography. I will help you through the day due to my experience of being at so many weddings. Experience is everything.
·What if we don’t like having our photograph taken?
I regularly meet people who hate having their photograph taken, myself being one of them! One reason people hate having their photograph taken is because they have never been photographed by someone who knows how to make them look their best. If someone is camera-shy, my style is ideal as I don’t spend much time on posing formally, preferring to shoot most of the day in a natural way. I will direct rather than pose you, and that way, even the posed images will look ‘natural’. A pre-wedding shoot is an excellent way to get a feel for how I work and build up your confidence.
·How long do you stay on the day?
As long as you need me to. Generally I am there from a couple of hours before the ceremony until about four or five dances, but this can be adjusted to suit your needs (either way). It is possible to have me there for daytime only. Your day, your choice!
·How many photographs do you take?
Anyone can buy a camera and go to a wedding and take two thousand or more images in the hope of getting one hundred decent ones. On a typical ten hour day I will take around 800-1000 pictures as a guide. My target then is to give you around 400-500 to choose from once edited. Quality not quantity is the key here! I know there's a few photographers using massive numbers as some sort of badge of honour. Spray and Pray is the name for that style :)
·Will You Travel
Yes, I travel all over the world shooting weddings! If you are more than 100 miles from either Thurso or Inverness, there may be a small travel fee, and if I need to stay overnight the night before, that would be chargeable as well, but I travel cheap and am happy staying in a basic B&B, the important thing is that I don't have a long journey on the day of the wedding, to prevent any problems. If you want to know about travel costs, drop us an email.
·Do You Have Insurance?
Yes, Personal Indemnity and Public Liability insurance.
·Are you professionally qualified?
Yes, I am a qualified associate member of the Society of Wedding & Portrait Photographers (ASWPP) and am an associate member of the British Instute of Professional Photographers (ABIPP). Associate is one of the top qualifications. This means I am very serious about keeping up to speed with what the latest trends are in photography and regularly attend courses and seminars to improve my skills.
·How soon after the wedding will we see our images?
We aim to have the proofs ready to ship once you return from honeymoon, but on average it is around 3 weeks. Others offer a fast turnaround, but we insist on working hard on the editing process to give you the best images possible. Of course, if you need them sooner, we will endeavour to meet your deadlines, especially if you are travelling.
© Weddings by John Baikie